Frequently Answered Questions
Have questions about cannabis or visiting our stores? We have answers!
Questions About Cannabis
The methods of ingestion are inhalation, oral, sublingual, and topical. Each has its own unique characteristics.
- Inhalation - Inhalation is the fastest method of delivery to the consumer. When you inhale cannabis, the majority of cannabinoids enter the body through the lungs, where they are passed along directly into the bloodstream. The effect is almost instantaneous.
- Oral - This can be in the form of edibles, tinctures, capsules, or oils. The onset for oral ingestion is slower, and the effects are stronger and last longer than with inhalation.
- Sublingual - Cannabis can enter the bloodstream when placed under the tongue and held in the mouth. Forms of ingestion include tinctures.
- Topical - A final way to consume cannabis is through topical application. These come in the form of lotions, salves, bath salts, and oils that are applied to the skin. The cannabinoids penetrate the skin and work to reduce pain and inflammation.
Start low and go slow, we recommend taking 2.5mg if it’s your first time taking edibles. 5-10mg is often considered a standard dose. Wait at least one hour after taking edibles to gauge the effects, if you don’t feel anything or want stronger effects after one hour, take another 2.5mg.
Topical products do not break the skin-blood barrier and therefore do not have an intoxicating effect. Topicals are used for localized pain and inflammation.
THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is the psychoactive component of cannabis that is responsible for its euphoria and pain relieving aspects. CBD cannabidiol) is a non-psychoactive component of cannabis that can be excellent for pain relief and anxiety reduction. Both come from the same part of the cannabis plant, but they attach to different receptors in our bodies.
Indica and Sativa are the two unique varieties of the cannabis plant. A third category, hybrids, also exists. Generally speaking, Sativa provides a more uplifting and energetic effect, while Indica provides a more relaxed effect, often well suited for nighttime use. Hybrid plants provide a mix of the two genetics.
The storage of cannabis is an important factor in ensuring the products you purchase are of the best quality when consumed.
Flower Storage Guidelines:
Store cannabis flower in an airtight container, and keep out of direct sunlight.
Vape Storage Guidelines:
Store cartridges upright at all times when not in use.
Never expose your vape pen cartridges to extreme heat or cold as this could cause the oil to leak, either from the mouthpiece or the base.
High altitudes can periodically cause the cartridges to leak as well; to prevent this, you can store your cartridge in a pressure-resistant case.
Edible Storage Guidelines:
Edibles should be stored in a cool dark area and out of reach of children or pets. Edibles will typically last 3-6 months, you can store edibles in the fridge or freezer to extend their life.
Questions About Our Operations
We accept cash and DutchiePay. DutchiePay is a ACH payment solution used to wire money directly from your bank account to ours. There is no fee for using DutchiePay.
For our adult-use location, any government-issued, 21+ ID with a name, date of birth, and picture, is valid for entry.
For our medical locations, a valid Vermont medical marijuana card.
- Visit ceresvt.com
- Select the store you will be picking up from
- Select the items you would like, and add them to the cart.
- When you are done selecting items, scroll back to the very top of the page. At the top right-hand corner, click the shopping cart icon.
- If everything looks good, select the blue “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Fill in the Customer Information and select a pickup time.
- Click “Place Order”, and come to the store at your selected time.
We do not accept phone orders. Please visit our store or online menu to place an order.
The earliest you can place your order is the day before pickup after the close of business.
Orders will be ready for pickup at the pre-order pickup counter.
Unfortunately, we cannot hold orders overnight. You may place another order after business hours for the following day.
In a single transaction, an individual may purchase one ounce of cannabis or the equivalent in cannabis products in adult-use and two ounces of cannabis with a valid Vermont medical cannabis card.
Due to the nature of the products we carry and state regulations, all transactions are final. However, if your products are damaged or you find your order is incorrect, please contact us so that we can make it right.
O.pen batteries have a lifetime guarantee and can be returned at any time at no charge. Any cartridge that is visibly leaking, does not connect to a working O.pen battery, or has a faulty Micro device battery will be replaced at no charge under the following conditions:
- Returns must be made within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- We will not accept a cartridge that is more than half empty.
At the time of return, a supervisor will review the product with the customer to assess functionality. A faulty cartridge can be exchanged for the same type of product at an equal value, i.e. a 1,000mg Cured Resin cartridge can only be exchanged for a 1,000mg Cured Resin. We will allow for changes in the dominance, for instance, replace a Hybrid with an Indica. We will not accept a return for credit towards the purchase of a different product.
Home delivery is not permitted in Vermont for adult-use customers.
We do offer delivery for medical customers.
Becoming a medical patient in Vermont has many perks. Medical patients have access to high potency tax-free products, private facilities, the most knowledgeable staff, and much more. Visit our page on the vermont medical cannabis program to learn more. To apply, talk to your health care professional and tell them you want to try medical cannabis.