‘Tis the season for baked goods! From our kitchen to yours, here is Senior Production Manager Amy Bacon’s recipe for making cannabis-infused sugar cookies. While these cookies are not currently available at our dispensaries, we invite you to make your own precisely-dosed cookies using our 420mg THC Cannabutter. Each tablespoon contains 52.5mg THC. Use as much or as little as you want depending on your desired dose.This recipe uses a full stick, resulting in approximately 17.5mg THC/cookie. Cut that dose in half by using a half a stick of our infused Cannabutter and a half a stick of plain butter. We prefer Cabot Creamery unsalted butter.
Happy Holidays from Ceres Collaborative!
Classic Sugar Cookie
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) Cannabutter (420 mg THC), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Form the dough into 2 evenly portioned cylindrical logs of dough. Use a scale if you want to be more accurate with your dose.
- Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 5 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigeration and let it stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Evenly cut 12 circular cookies from each log of dough and place 3 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet (nonstick or lined with parchment paper). Again, use a scale here and portion each piece to be the same weight if you want to be more accurate with your dose. Sprinkle lightly with sugar of your choice, we like to use granulated or turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown along edges.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Freeze pre-scooped dough balls and bake off small batches of fresh cookies as needed.
Questions or comments about this recipe? Write to us at email@example.com